[CIG-SEISMO] SPECFEM2D_USER QUESTION

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Fri Apr 11 08:29:30 PDT 2014

Hi,

It is not possible to start at zero, the code (as any other code in the
time domain) needs to shift the source in time in order to start with a
medium at rest, and then subtract that shift when saving the seismograms.

Then, in postprocessing you can safely open the seismogram files and
remove all the values before zero if you want. Or in your plotting
software just use a time axis that starts at zero and they will be
ignored automatically.

Best wishes,
Dimitri.