[CIG-SEISMO] quick questions about the software

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Mon Mar 16 08:14:59 PDT 2015

Hi Bernhard and Yenan,

Thanks a lot. Very useful!

As Bernhard suggests it would be better to add an option to the Par_file
(off by default) to save them, and if possible try not to increase the
number of dimensions of the seismogram arrays from 3 to 6 but rather use
a separate array so that the size remains 3 when that new option is off
(seismogram arrays can be very big in the case of large inversion runs).

Another option would be to allocate them dynamically with a size of 3 or
6 depending if the option is off or on, but that may be a bit more
difficult to implement (many "if" statements in subroutines).

Please keep us informed,
Thanks,

Dimitri.

On 03/11/2015 12:59 PM, Bernhard Schuberth wrote:
> Hi Yenan, hi everybody,
>
> please find attached a tar-archive with all the routines added/changed
> in SPECFEM3D_GLOBE (an older version from around 1 year ago) to output
> rotations. All relevant parts are marked with comments labelled "BS BS".
>
> At the time, we had decided to add the rotational components to the
> array "seismograms" (so NCMP needs to be set to 6 instead of 3 at
> compile-time if those components are needed). It might be worthwhile to
> think about changing the behaviour and to include the option of
> outputting rotations (and strain) as parameter in "Par_file" so that the
> user can decide at run-time.
>
> Please let me know in case of trouble with the code.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Bernhard
>

> On 09/03/15 16:57, Dimitri Komatitsch wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Great, thus let us definitely commit that to the official Git version
>> of the code when the routine is ready. Please keep me informed.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dimitri.
>>
>> On 03/09/2015 04:27 PM, Rietbrock, Andreas wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> We here at Liverpool are also very interested. If you need support
>>> Yenan, please give us a shout.
>>>
>>> Andreas

>>> Andreas Rietbrock
>>> Professor of Seismology