[CIG-SEISMO] southern California; Specfem3D Tutorial for 2013 CIG-QUEST-IRIS Workshop

Kasemsak Saetang light2529 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 00:38:30 PDT 2015

To whom it may concern
     My name is Kasemsak Saetang. I am a lecturer and researcher at Physics
Program, Faculty of Education, Nakhon Si Thammarat Rajabhat University,
Thaialand. I am interested in Specfem3d Cartesian. I already installed the
code in the supercomputer and also run an example in the
EXAPLES/tomographic_model. It is working. I have seen the Specfem3D Tutorial
for 2013 CIG-QUEST-IRIS Workshop written by Carl, Qinya, Elliott, and
Emanuele on January 5, 2014. I am interested in example 3: southern
California

I don't know how could I download the tutorial file of the southern
California. I need it because it looks like my research. My research is
adjoint tomography beneath northern Thailand revealed by Spectral Element
method. I already have three component SAC files with 8 seismic stations,
gravity maps, topography maps, and body wave tomographic models. I
don't known how to use it and set it in the Par file to adjoint method = 2.
     I cannot find the ways in the specfem3d tutorial which almost shown in
the forward simulation. Could you suggest something to me about how to
comply the software with sac files, gravity maps, topography maps,
and initial tomographic models.

    Best regards,

   Kasemsak Saetang

Lecturer and Researcher