[CIG-SEISMO] using SPECFEM3D fot simulating gravity perturbation

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Tue Apr 3 07:38:58 PDT 2018

Dear Yixin Yao,

Thank you for your interest in our work on this. You are right, by lack
of time the gravity integrals are not very well documented in the users
manual, however they are explained in detail in this paper:
http://komatitsch.free.fr/preprints/GJI_Martin_gravimetry_2017.pdf

You can also find the flags to use in file setup/constants.h.in, there
is a section with flags about gravity integrals, called "gravity
integral calculations".

On 04/02/2018 04:04 PM, yaoyixin1989 at 163.com wrote:
> Dear prof.,
> I am a PhD student of Institute of Geodesy and Geophysics, Chinese
> Academy of Sciences.I am interested in gravity perturbation caused by an
> earthquake, and I try to do the simulation by using SPECFEM3D software.
> These days, I have searched the manual clearly, but I didn't find the
> detailed discription about gravity perturbation.
> What should I do, is there a detailed manual about how to simulate the
> gravity perturbation?
> Thank you very much for your kind consideration and I am looking forward
> to your reply!
>
> Sincerely, yours
> Yixin Yao

Dimitri Komatitsch, CNRS Research Director (DR CNRS)
Laboratory of Mechanics and Acoustics, Marseille, France
http://komatitsch.free.fr