[CIG-SEISMO] Questions Specfem3d

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Tue Nov 6 14:32:06 PST 2018

Hi Sebastian,

If you used TRELIS, then in TRELIS you can display the min and max of X
Y and Z of your mesh (if you did not define it yourself, it means you
used a default example and then Trelis defined min and max values for
you, which you can output).

The UTM map projection is done later, from inside the SPECFEM3D code;
thus if you want to use it, you need to create the initial mesh in
lat/long, not in X Y Z.

On 11/6/18 2:35 PM, Sebastian Alexis Castañeda Perez wrote:
> Hello all, I'm using the specfem3d code for a research project. I had a
> problem with the STATIONS file, because when I'm trying to run the
> solver it prints "needs at least one receiver". Do you know where can I
> check the coordinates of the volume I defined as the region of study,
> because when I create the volume with trelis I didn't define any
> coordinates and in the Par_file  the only parameter defining it is the
> UTM projection zone, which in my case is 18. The nodes_coords_file has
> what I suppose is the northing and easting but I dont know the reference
> point.
>

> Best regards,
>

> Sebastian.

Dimitri Komatitsch, CNRS Research Director (DR CNRS)
Laboratory of Mechanics and Acoustics, Marseille, France
http://komatitsch.free.fr