[CIG-SEISMO] [SPECFEM3D] Some questions about transport my model(based on Trelis) to 'specfem3d format'

Chen Di chendibest at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 16 04:04:43 PST 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,
     Now I try to use SPECFEM3D to analysis, and have created and meshed my own model in trelis 15.2 on windows OS. Then I want to transport the model to specfem3d format. I found it seems that should use a Python script (called ‘cubit2specfem3d.py’) to process . But I am not very clear about how to use this python script  to do that. Now I have 2 questions here:

1.  I have setup Ubuntu on my VMware virtual machine and ran the included example successfully. Meanwhile, I use Trelis 15.2 on Windows OS to create and mesh the model. For now, how to use ‘cubit2specfem.py’ to process format conversion? I have read specfem manual but still feel not so clear.  Should I use it on windows cmd , ubuntu cmd , or trellis command tab?

2.     I used Trelis instead of Cubit , is there some compatibility issue between SPECFEM3D and Trelis?

Please give me some help.  I am looking forward to you reply.

                                                                                                                 A Seismology Researcher