[CIG-SHORT] Re: GeoFEST runs for strike-slip model (Jiangning L?)

Greg Lyzenga lyzenga at HMC.Edu
Tue Sep 5 15:37:15 PDT 2006

On Sep 5, 2006, at 2:11 PM, Jiangning Lu wrote:

> Thanks!
> More info about this problem:
> There are several other GeoFEST input files made by others on the
> website:
> bmrsnog_tet4_0500m.gft
> bmrsnog_tet4_1000m.gft
> I tried the command gfmeshparse to produce the *jpl files, the 1km
> resolution
> file goes well, but the 500m file failed in the same
> way--"segmentation
> fault"!

One thing I should have made clearer is that there are some slight
changes in the format of the input files between version 4.5 and the
most recent "internal" releases.  Since I made and ran the ".gft"
files, they are version 4.6, not 4.5 files.  The differences are very
small and easy to change, but if you want to run them on 4.5, you
should edit the files and remove the few lines that the old version
does not understand.  Sorry for the confusion.

                                       - Greg

Gregory A. Lyzenga  <lyzenga at hmc.edu>           ***     (909) 621-8378
Dept. of Physics, Harvey Mudd College           *** fax (909) 621-8887
Claremont, CA 91711-5990
<http://www.physics.hmc.edu/faculty/Lyzenga/>