[CIG-SHORT] Problems installing nemesis

Leif Strand leif at geodynamics.org
Fri Jul 27 13:14:47 PDT 2007

Oliver,

The 'nemesis' package that PyLith requires is a small CIG package, not
to be confused with the SourceForge.net project of the same name.  You
can download CIG's 'nemesis' from CIG's Pythia page:

     http://www.geodynamics.org/cig/software/packages/cs/pythia/

Download 'nemesis-1.0.tar.gz' and install it as follows:

     tar xzf nemesis-1.0.tar.gz
     cd nemesis-1.0
     ./configure --prefix=$HOME/cig
     make
     make install

Nemesis requires MPI and Python 2.3 or later.  It should find these
automatically, provided the associated commands ('mpicc', 'python') are
accessible.

In addition to installing 'nemesis' itself, the above procedure will
also automatically download and install Pythia -- also required by
PyLith.  So, after installing Nemesis, be sure to adjust your PYTHONPATH
accordingly, before proceeding to install 'spatialdata' or PyLith:

     export PYTHONPATH=$HOME/cig/lib/python2.4/site-packages:$PYTHONPATH

Let us know if you encounter any problems.

--Leif