[CIG-SHORT] install PyLith on a 64 bit machine

Charles Williams willic3 at rpi.edu
Tue Nov 6 05:20:36 PST 2007

Hi Yaru,

Sorry I missed the beginning of this thread.  It's strange that the
build is complaining about there being no pythia, since you didn't
enable it on the command line.  I would enable it, though, since I
think you're going to want it.  Also, I noticed that you're not
specifying a prefix.  That's OK if you want everything to end up in
the default location (/usr).  Otherwise, you should give a location
where you want to install.  Finally, you will want to add $
{INSTALL_LOCATION}/lib/python2.5/site-packages to your PYTHONPATH (I
noticed that you have python2.5).  If your spatialdata installation
proceeds without error, make sure this directory exists.  So, for
your spatialdata configure, I would do:

./configure --enable-pythia --prefix=/path/to/install

When you do that, it should download the version of pythia that you
need, and after you do a make; make install, you should have pythia
on your PYTHONPATH.  Let me know how this works.

Charles A. Williams
Dept. of Earth & Environmental Sciences
Science Center, 2C01B
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute