[CIG-SHORT] pylith - multiple faults

Christopher DiCaprio dicaprio at gps.caltech.edu
Tue Sep 18 14:12:52 PDT 2007

Another problem with my two fault model:  I've specified different
times for each fault to slip by specifying a different file for
slip_time.iohandler.filename.  However, both faults slip half their
total slip when only the first fault should slip, and they both go
the rest of the way when the second fault should slip.  Am I
specifying the fault parameters wrong?  I've included the relevant
part of the cfg file below.

- Chris

[pylithapp.timedependent.interfaces]

###
[pylithapp.timedependent.interfaces.san_andreas]

label = fault_one
mat_db.iohandler.filename = matprops.spatialdb

quadrature = pylith.feassemble.quadrature.Quadrature2Din3D
quadrature.cell = pylith.feassemble.FIATLagrange
quadrature.cell.dimension = 2

[pylithapp.timedependent.interfaces.san_andreas.eq_src.slip_function]
slip.iohandler.filename = dislocation_slip.spatialdb
slip_rate.iohandler.filename = dislocation_sliprate.spatialdb
slip_time.iohandler.filename = dislocation_sliptime_1.spatialdb

###
[pylithapp.timedependent.interfaces.san_jacinto]
label = fault_two
mat_db.iohandler.filename = matprops.spatialdb

quadrature = pylith.feassemble.quadrature.Quadrature2Din3D
quadrature.cell = pylith.feassemble.FIATLagrange
quadrature.cell.dimension = 2

[pylithapp.timedependent.interfaces.san_jacinto.eq_src.slip_function]
slip.iohandler.filename = dislocation_slip.spatialdb
slip_rate.iohandler.filename = dislocation_sliprate.spatialdb
slip_time.iohandler.filename = dislocation_sliptime_2.spatialdb