[CIG-SHORT] building PyLith on Linux x86_64 - testers needed

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Thu Feb 21 10:18:12 PST 2008

Hi all:

In preparing for the release of PyLith 1.1, we are writing detailed
installation instructions for building the development version of PyLith on a
few different platforms. There is a draft of the installation instructions
for the x86_64 platform running Fedora 8 in the SVN repository at
http://www.geodynamics.org/wsvn/cig/short/3D/PyLith/trunk/doc/install/?rev=0&sc=0.

We would greatly appreciate it if someone could try out these installation
instructions and report any problems or gaps.

Note: The installation instructions for OSX are 95% complete. I still need to
fill in a few important details in a couple of places.

Thanks,