[CIG-SHORT] pylith install

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Mon Mar 16 15:33:04 PDT 2009

Chris-

What PETSc are you using (tarball on the CIG website for v1.3.1 or from the
repository)? If you use the PyLith source tarball, you *must* use the PETSc
tarball on the CIG website corresponding to the PyLith source tarball.
Likewise, if you use PyLith from the repository, you *must* use PETSc from
its repository. This is due to the fact that PyLith stays in sync with the
developer's version of PETSc (both of which are constantly changing).

We messsed with the -I./m4 flag because Charles ran into some problems on his
machine. Try adding a space ("-I ./m4") and let us know if that works. What
operating system are you using?

Brad