[CIG-SHORT] using a batch system

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Fri Apr 16 09:17:38 PDT 2010

On 4/16/10 7:05 AM, lf1981 at mail.ustc.edu.cn wrote:
> Dear sir:
>          I have installed Binary Executable pylith-1.4.2-linux-i686 on my Bach systerm ,and hope it running with a Batch systerm .The type of the installed batch systerm is pbs,as the instruction of the manual I created a configuration file ~/.pyre/pylithapp/pylithapp.cfg. The content of the ~/.pyre/pylithapp/pylithapp.cfg is :
> [pylithapp]
> scheduler = pbs
> [pylithapp]
> launcher=mpich
> [pylithapp]
> scheduler=pbs
> [pylithapp.pbs]
> bsub-options=[-a mpich_gm]
> [pylithapp.launcher]
> command=mpirun.pbs
> [pylithapp.job]
> queue=normal

The syntax for .cfg file settings is
[facility.subfacility]
component = value
property = value

I have not used the scheduling settings with PyLith, so I don't know if
the settings below will work, but they have the correct syntax. You can
preview/debug the job script by adding the command line argument
--scheduler.dry

[pylithapp]
scheduler = pbs
launcher = mpich

# Note the change from bsub-options to qsub-options.
[pylithapp.pbs]
qsub-options = [-a mpich_gm]

# Uncomment the next line to debug the job script.
#dry = True

[pylithapp.launcher]
command = mpirun.pbs

[pylithapp.job]