[CIG-SHORT] Pylith Install Error

Niz niz.moussatat at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 00:54:42 PDT 2012

2012/8/22 Brad Aagaard <baagaard at usgs.gov>

> Niz,
>
> I think I have narrowed down the problem. pythia requires setuptools. The
> setuptools in ubuntu 11.11 (0.6.c9) is old enough that pythia recognizes
> that it needs a newer version and downloads a compatible version (0.6.c11).
> In ubuntu 12.04, the version number of setuptools provided is much newer
> (0.6.24 with compatibility for 0.6.c9) but it is not compatible. If you
> uninstall the python-setuptools package, you should be able to install
> pythia because it will install version 0.6.c11 which is known to be
> compatible when it can't find a system version.
>
> There are multiple forks of setuptools, so dealing with the various
> versions, etc is pretty messy.
>
> Please let us know if this workaround is successful.
>
> Regards,
> Brad
>

> Brad,
Your last suggestion worked, and pylith resumed installation [folders
contain the list of files you indicated previously].
I stumbled later:
    checking dynamic linker characteristics... (cached) GNU/Linux ld.so
    checking for pj_init_plus in -lproj... no
    configure: error: Proj4 library not found; try LDFLAGS="-L<Proj4 lib
dir>"

there is in build/pylith/ 2  proj4* folders, but non of them contains a
lib/?

Regards