[CIG-SHORT] static friction and cohesion on fault (2D)

BOK10 at pitt.edu BOK10 at pitt.edu
Mon Nov 12 14:37:20 PST 2012

So, I plotted the traction time histories on the fault, and i'm getting
similar slip rates and tractions no matter what the friction coefficient.
I'm looking at the length of time it takes to get to >1cm/yr slip on 75%
of the fault, and every result is the same. Is there something else that
could be causing this? I've toyed between FIATLagrange and FIATSimplex and
settled on the latter one based on the fact I'm using a tri-mesh model in
2-D.

Bobby