[CIG-SHORT] static friction and cohesion on fault (2D)

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Mon Nov 12 17:05:00 PST 2012

Bobby,

If your shear tractions do not agree with your friction parameters, then
it suggests your problem is not setup correctly. If your normal
tractions are zero, then the fault is opening and the tractions will go
to zero. You may want to try using a prescribed slip of zero
(FaultCohesiveKin) to force zero slip and see if the deformation makes
sense. This will also allow you to monitor the tractions on the fault
with zero slip.

The quadrature types FIATLagrange and FIATSimplex must match the cell
type of the mesh. FIATSimplex is for triangular cells.