[CIG-SHORT] cannot run examples in bar_shearwave/quad4

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Thu Aug 29 11:21:12 PDT 2013

On 08/29/2013 10:42 AM, Yuval Tal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using pylith version 1.9, and when I try to run the examples in bar_shearwave/quad4, I get the following error:
>
> raise ValueError("%s\nBacktrace - Component %s" % (err.message, aliases))
> ValueError: Error while configuring spatial database reader (simpleioascii, iohandler):

See Pages 175-179 of the PyLith manual. If you are using the binary, all
of the examples are in src/pylith/examples. Note that the SVN directory
cig/short/3D/PyLith/trunk is the development version. The source files
for v1.9 are in the SVN directory
cig/short/3D/PyLith/branches/v1.9-stable. If you still get errors,
please send another email and include the exact command you are running
and all of the stdout.

> I cannot run also benchmark TPV102 as I wrote you in my previous email…
I responded to your email via the cig-short list yesterday. See
http://www.geodynamics.org/pipermail/cig-short/2013-August/001413.html

> Are those examples suppose to work with version 1.9?
> Does version 1.9 work with mesh files created by cubit 14?
Yes. We have not see any problems with updating to CUBIT 14 from 13.2 in
terms of interfacing with PyLith. We have been able to run all of our
PyLith 1.9 examples, etc with CUBIT 14 without any changes from previous
versions of CUBIT.