[CIG-SHORT] cannot open the .xmf with paraview

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Tue Sep 3 12:43:18 PDT 2013

Yuval,

The data writer being used in tpv102 writes HDF5 files with external
datasets, that is, the values are written by PETSc to raw binary files
in parallel. The paths to those raw binary files is written in the HDF5
file in addition to the path to the HDF5 file being written in the Xdmf
file. All of this means that ParaView will only find the data values if
the Xdmf (.xmf) file is opened from the tpv201 directory, not the output
or any other directory. The easiest way to do this is to start ParaView
from the command line in this directory. Note that this works on Macs as
well as linux.

Brad