[CIG-SHORT] Running on cluster

Xiao Ma xiaoma5 at illinois.edu
Wed Jul 30 11:33:07 PDT 2014

Hi,
I am encountering some difficulties when the building pylith from source on
a cluster, I following the steps in "Install", however after I use the
"make" , the pylith still not successfully  installed. And one more
question is : what if I want to run the simulation on only one node on the
cluster? is that possible? But first thing I have to get rid of this error
 "ImportError: /usr/lib64/libgfortran.so.3: version `GFORTRAN_1.4' not
found (required by
/home/xiaoma5/project-cse/pylith-1.9.0-linux-x86_64/lib/libpetsc.so)"
So the problem is the incompatibility with the Fortran compier on the
cluster.
I once was told the building PETSC without FORTRAN can solve this using
'with-fc=0' in configure, can you elaborate this ? Is this possible that I
just use one node running on cluster using PETCS without FORTRAN?
Thank you
Xiao

*Xiao Ma*
Graduate Research Assistant