[CIG-SHORT] hdf5 issue while compiling

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Fri Nov 7 11:21:53 PST 2014

On 11/07/2014 09:48 AM, Romain Jolivet wrote:

>> On 11/06/2014 03:58 AM, Romain Jolivet wrote:
>>> I managed to install everything manually and it works (finally :-)).
>>>
>>> Although there are a few things I had to modify myself:
>>>
>>> - In the proj4 tarball, one needs to modify the include org_proj_PJ.h
>>> into org_proj_Projections.h in jniproj.c (Proj-4.8.0/src/jniproj.c).
>>
>> I don't get this error. What compiler does this happen for? Please send
>> the error message you get and the changed file.
>
> I do not have the error message saved somewhere, but in the header of the file jniproj.c (in src), it includes org_proj4_PJ.h
> This file is not in the distribution that installer downloads. It has been changed to org_proj4_Projections.h
> I think they are the same file, that for some reason and its name changed. This bug has been referenced by the proj4 people.

I am not sure what is happening on your machine. This error should only
show up if you configure proj with --with-jni=dir. The PyLith installer
does not use this configure argument, so JNI support should be disabled
and the missing header file will not be needed. I have verified that
this is indeed what happens on my linux and Mac. config.log for
proj-4.8.0 shows that JNI support is disabled and I don't get this error.