[CIG-SHORT] CFG file fix for t-intersection

Bobak Karimi bkarimi at clarion.edu
Tue Nov 24 13:26:25 PST 2015

Hello,

I'm trying to do a T-intersection trial before I advance my model further taking account multiple T-intersections.

In my CFG file, do I need to name the interface for the fault edges (group of vertices defining the buried edges) with my actual faults?

Will the following adjustments work? (NOTE: I set the conditions for my main through-going fault first, and my problem is in 2D).

[pylithapp.timedependent.interfaces]
NNStrand = pylith.faults.FaultCohesiveDyn
Duzce = pylith.faults.FaultCohesiveDyn

#I'm skipping copying in the section for my through-going fault (NNStrand)

[pylithapp.timedependent.interfaces.Duzce]
label = Duzce; Group of vertices defining the fault surface
edge = BE1 ; Group of vertices defining the buried edges
id = 50 ; Value for material identifier associated with fault’s cohesive cells
up_dir = [0, 1]; Is there even an up_dir in a 2D surface model?
quadrature.cell = pylith.feassemble.FIATSimplex
quadrature.cell.dimension = 1

friction.db_properties = spatialdata.spatialdb.UniformDB
friction.db_properties.label = Static friction
friction.db_properties.values = [friction-coefficient,cohesion]
friction.db_properties.data = [0.0,0.0*MPa]

I'm not sure I fully understand how to implement the t-intersection once, let alone wanting to do it twice for the same fault.

Bobby