[CIG-SHORT] pylith error in model with big time step and low viscosity

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Fri Jun 10 14:24:09 PDT 2016

David,

I am not sure what you mean by adding a second viscous layer with a high
viscosity. The rate of the viscoelastic deformation is controlled by the
material with the smallest viscosity, so as long as a low viscosity
material is present, the appropriate time step to resolve the
deformation will be small.