[CIG-SHORT] Missing library

Matthew Knepley knepley at rice.edu
Thu Aug 10 08:36:14 PDT 2017

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 8:35 AM, Ehsan Haghighat <ehsanh at mit.edu> wrote:

> Hi Brad and Matt,
>
> I am writing to know if you ever faced following error/message:
>
> Field Initialization ----------
> /nobackup1/ehsanhaghighat/dev7/pylith/bin/mpinemesis: symbol lookup
> error: /cm/shared/engaging/intel/intel-2013_sp1.0.080/composer_
> xe_2013_sp1.0.080/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_vml_avx2.so: undefined symbol:
> mkl_serv_allocate
>

> As I mentioned before, I am using our group code. It is coupled with an
> external simulator for reservoir flow. After installing the pylith, I merge
> the added code, and call “ make “ + “make install” from build folder. The
> flow simulator needs some additional libraries from MKL. Therefore, I add
> the location of those libraries and include paths to CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS
> before calling make. After that, I call make.
>
> The compilation finishes without any issue. It also reads the cfg file
> properly, however, it stops after first solve call with above message. Do
> you have any idea why this is happening?I do not follow how mpinemesis can
> get connected to the mkl routines as it is a pylith library.

MKL is a real pain to link, and the link line is different in every
version. I would suggest using the system BLAS/LAPACK for
right now, until you get everything working, and then maybe spend some time
getting MKL to work. They have an online
utility to help you determine the correct link line, which lets you know
how insane their development process is.

   Matt