[CIG-SHORT] Compiling pylith-2.1.0 using pylith 2.2.0 installer

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Mon Jul 3 08:32:56 PDT 2017

The PyLith Installer is designed to install the PyLith version
corresponding to the installer version or use the Git repositories (for
PyLith and PETSc). We always create a PETSc tarball compatible with the
current PyLith version, so the installer for PyLith v2.1.0 will use a
PETSc tarball consistent with that version. Similarly, the installer for
v2.2.0 will use a PETSc tarball consistent with that version. The
installer is not designed to install an older version of PyLith or PETSc.

If for some reason you really want v2.1.x, I strongly recommend updating
to the v2.1.4 release (and the installer v2.1.4-0). Note that v2.2.0 was
released on March 31, 2017, and we will be releasing v2.2.1 very soon
(this week or next; we have v2.2.1rc1 available on GitHub).