[CIG-SHORT] Can PyLith work with GLIBC version 2.12 ?

Josimar Alves da Silva jsilva.mit at gmail.com
Fri May 26 09:54:55 PDT 2017

Dear PyLith developers,

I would like to build PyLith version 2.2.0 from source  on  a computer
cluster, however it seems that the latest version for GLIBC available is
the version 2.12.

It seems that PyLith version 2.2.0 requires GLIBC with version 2.14 or
later.

If I build PyLith version 2.2.0 and use the older version of GLIBC (2.12),
would this cause any issues for the users simulations or for PyLith general
behavior  ?

Please feel free to suggest other workarounds, note that I can't update the
GLIBC version.

thank you,
Josimar