[CIG-SHORT] How to mesh the 2-D model into small size

xu bei xubei076862 at outlook.com
Fri Nov 24 18:03:24 PST 2017

Hi,
I build a 2-D mesh model to do dynamic simulation.
But the mesh quality is bad. PyLith will estimate a
stable time step based on the minimum grid length of
the mesh. Although I designed a grid size of 50 m in CUBIT,
the actual grid size on certain cells may be extremely
small that depends on the mesh quality.
Thus, Pylith always output errors. I want to mesh the
2-D model into small size such as 50 m or smaller due to
the breakdown zone should be at least 3-5 times the cell size,
and ensure the mesh have a high quality.
But I do not know how to deal with this problem.
I tried many methods but they do not work.
Hope someone would help me.

I attached the mesh files.

Best regards
Xu Bei