2015 Geodynamo Benchmarking Workshop
The 2015 Geodynamo Benchmarking Workshop follows-up on the recommendations from the highly successful 2012 Geodynamo Developer meetings. Hosted at NCAR, the 2015 workshop will discuss the results of the performance and accuracy benchmarks undertaken by the participating groups and as run on XSEDE Stampede by CIG. The workshop will be forward looking in examining future development directions for geodynamo codes and the start of the art computations in dynamo modeling. We will also hear from Argonne Leadership Computing Facility (ALCF) and discuss proposed large-scale dynamo runs on Mira, the fifth fasted computer in the world. The proposed runs will be supported through the DOE INCITE program.
More information on the geodynamo benchmarks and the DOE INCITE Frontiers in Planetary and Stellar Magnetism Through High Performance Computing project can be found on our website.
- Working Groups>Geodynamo>Benchmarks *** LINKS TO BE FIXED ***
- Projects>Dynamo Frontiers *** LINKS TO BE FIXED ***
- Jon Aurnou,(University of California, Los Angeles)
- Ben Brown (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
- Bruce Buffett (University of California, Berkeley)
- Nick Featherstone (University of Colorado, Boulder)
- Gary Glatzmaier (University of California, Santa Cruz)
- Hiro Matsui (University of California, Davis)
- Peter Olson (Johns Hopkins University)
- Sabine Stanley (University of Toronto)
For more information please contact us at: email@example.com